Monday, July 26, 2010

stunting with insufficient sleep is a no-no

was pretty disappointed with my performance on saturday. granted I was very zoned out due to my lack of sleep after orientation camp but looking back I think I could have gathered more energy and strength during that short 2.5 minute performance. didnt really get a good stunt feel while warming up my stunts, it just feels as if I had to use a little bit more strength to toss and stuff, resulting in a pretty huge and unacceptable drop in control. even my toss shoulder with jasmine failed once which was really the low point for me for that day.

tried to fight for my opening cupie but ended up still dropping simin 1 count early, dismount timing for group stunt was late, the 270 was successful due to jasmine, candy, jen and gerard fighting for the stunt. dance was totally flaccid, which made me-the-not-so-good-dancer look even more pathetic.

probably should have expected camp to be this tiring and perhaps opted to sit out of this performance. oh wells, lesson learnt I guess, if I am going to put up such a dismal performance it would be much better if I dont perform at all.

on a better note, managed to get my toss lib during the subsequent stunt fest, still working on my toss cupie. really want to get my left cupie within two weeks if possible. direct right cupie lib feels awesome when I hit it with perle, more practice needed to bring up the hit rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment