Monday, June 7, 2010

inspired

Eric from Vancouver came down for saturday's training and even though we didnt have a place to train cause of some admin miscommunication, I must admit that I probably learnt the most in one single session. its even quite awe-inspiring just watching him do stunts and I thought he was a little limited by the standard of our flyers!

shall just list out the things eric taught me in one single day:

1) all the power from tossing comes from the legs, keep your back straight and try to jump off the ground when tossing

2) visualise every single stunt and control my strength to just hit it, not too much not too little

3) try to toss extension every single time and your toss will improve. this really worked as I was able to toss nellie and huishan almost to an extension towards the end of the session.

4) relax, before and during the stunt

5) full ups are just mega tosses with a small flick at the end.

6) press upwards with the balls of my palms, I should be able to counter any flyer tipping forward

7) pop down and catch my own flyer as if there are no spotters at all, not being able to do so is simply wimpy

yup that's almost everything, and I am still very very inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment