Thursday, April 1, 2010

round off back tuck

went to do a bit of gymnastics yesterday and since there was the softer blue mats, I decided to try to learn how to do a backhand spring and a round off back tuck. have always wanted to improve on my gymnastics since a few months ago but my ankles were not feeling very good. they were still feeling a little sore yesterday but much better already so I decided to try anyway.

tried backhand springs with the roll mats first to learn how to "open" my body by pushing my pelvis out, I really have to start stretching my back more and get used to that feeling. the feeling is really different when I did subsequently on the crash mats, have to keep doing and work on the takeoff angle which is one of the most important things to look out for.

it really took a lot of courage to try round off back tuck because trying to link a round off and a back tuck together feels totally different. landed on my shoulder and head on my very first attempt and was quite stunned by the impact. my neck feels quite sore now, I'll get it fixed at the jurong east chiropractor during the long weekend, together with all my other injuries from training for routine.

yb corrected my round off cause apparently I was running too heavily and deliberately, and I was taking off with my legs cross which will lead to me twisting awkwardly after landing. will try to change my run slowly, its back to basics again before I try anything more advanced.

have to pull myself up from front hand springs using my hips more and try to land with my body straight, the angle I'm pushing off with my hands also doesn't seem to be very consistent yet. lots of work ahead evidently, but it really feels much better doing gymnastics after losing some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment