Wednesday, April 14, 2010

group stunts

there were quite a few people who could take a break from their studies to stunt a bit yesterday so we organised a small group stunting session to try out some group stunts. the focus for unofficial trainings have always been pstunts so I wanted to try out some new stuff just to develop overall technique. I remembered learning and improving a lot last year when we were trying out all sorts of group stunts for cheerobics (which we didn't take part in in the end), so was looking forward a bit to trying those again.

we ended up just trying out 270 with variations and its quite nice to see everyone starting to get the hang of it, py finally knowing what's letting the weight sink in, yx controlling his extension much better, and the flyers knowing how to step and turn at the highest point. I was tossing more at the start, which was also beneficial as I can slowly feel my tosses feeling more effortless.

managed to hit a 270 to direct single lib with amanda which was quite surprising cause it was meant to be a 3 base stunt but somehow py and yx didnt know how to catch so it became single base. it really felt super good and I should think it looks super good too, didn't use much strength at all going up into the stunt! even though its may be a simple stunt to others, it really proved to me once again that most of the time we end up erecting mental barriers even before we try certain stuff, convincing ourselves that its not possible/will not be stable/doesn't seem to make sense even before we try.

I remember I was once like that in spectrum and it really hindered my progress, I really started learning when I just decided that its okay to keep failing cause eventually I'll be able to hit stunts. I did for a point in time think that round offs will probably be my max for gymnastics cause I was heavy, and that the only pstunts I can do are those two handed ones. Maybe I should think less and be convinced that I can get my cupie, left lib, tick tock and round off backtucks in a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment