Wednesday, April 21, 2010

training muscles I didnt know I have

went for wc training again ytd and what struck me most is that they really cram in as much as they can within their short training period, doing everything from stretching to pt to jumps, pyramids and pstunts training. they dont really have a target they have to hit for each segment, just have to try their best before moving on. it seemed much less stressful and I was able to pick up a lot of the stunts fairly quickly (granted it was off season).

zl made everyone do this leg lift exercise which I havent tried before, apparently its supposed to help with the height of our jumps. its super tiring for the abs and this band of muscles around the groin/inner thigh which I didnt know existed, much less know their name. shall include this in my daily personal routine, seems to be quite helpful.

was doing the backspot role for assisted full up and retake, and I'm slowly getting the feeling. really have to give a lot of credit to ken, isaac and huishan, think I managed to get it fairly fast cos they were all quite zai with this stunt already. quite liked their versatility drill after that, especially the pop from shoulder stand to hands part.

tried this pstunt drill called 2 to 1 which is basically 3x extension + lib (and apparently this is level 1 of 3), and the first time I tried I only managed 2x and apparently it was due to me holding my breath too much haha. much better after learning how to control my breathing. really need to be more aware of my pulling backwards during the toss, and aligning my legs such that I'm using both legs equally when stunting. gary was trying to explain how to use my wrist to flick during the toss, shall try that tomorrow then.

will try to get my cupie within 2 sessions and improve my pstunting stamina.

No comments:

Post a Comment